2/3/09

Dolls!

For the last couple of years I have been really interested in vintage dolls! Having all girls, makes my obsession a little more justifiable!! Each of these dolls is a Madame Alexander doll from the 1950's-1970's. Our oldest doll Essie isn't the most lovely thing anymore, but boy is she well loved. I think I fell in love with her because her cheeks look just like all my babies did. It was funny when the girls Uncles thought the dolls name was Easy! They said, " I don't know if that is that best name for a doll." It was pretty funny! Ellie picked out that name and we assured her Uncles that is was Essie! :) One is a collectors doll, I bought brand new. The people I bought it from would probably croak if they saw that I threw away the original packaging and that my girls are dragging them around by their legs. Hey, a doll is meant to be loved!
This is both the girls doll Macy. Their Grandma T sewed her this beautiful dress. What an amazing talent she has!! She is a 1950 Madame Alexander doll and one of the cutest ones I've seen. They just don't make them like this anymore.

This is Paige's doll Grace. She is snuggling her in her bed as I write this!

Victoria is in Ellie's arms at the moment.
Our little Essie! Not Easy!! Could you not just pinch those big cheeks! I promise I'm not just sitting around playing with dolls. :) It's been a lot of fun seeking out these old dolls in good condition. I know my girls don't mind a bit either!!!

2 comments:

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

Those are SO precious. OK OK... I don't think I bought you enough dolls when you were little! Sorry, the only one that comes to mind is "ugly baby!" No wonder you have an eye for beautiful ones! mOm

Melissa said...

So I think we have Macy. We got it as a hand me down toy. And that doll is so big it used to freak me out when the girls were babies and I would see it lying on the ground and think that it was one of them lying on the ground.