11/9/11

A MILESTONE


Ellie was baptized on September 10th 2011.  This was a very special day for her.  Our bishop told us that during her baptismal interview he was amazed at her maturity.  Ellie was prepared and knew that what she was doing was very important to her Heavenly Father.  We were so lucky that my brother Brandon was able to baptize his son Josh the same day.  I'm so sad we did not take more pictures.  

Everyone special in Ellie's life was able to be there, except for one.  I kept imagining what it would be like to have Alain
(Ellie's Papa) walk through the door.  He always looked so handsome in his Sunday clothes and black cowboy boots.  It was just the first of many special moments in my children's life that we will think of Alain.  Ellie sang the song "Baptism," and our dear friend Lori played the guitar. I don't think I have ever seen anything sweeter in all my life.  She was in her beautiful white dress with a white flower in her hair.  (Where is the picture of her in that dress??)  When I think of that moment, I feel blessed to have had such a beautiful confirmation that being a mother is the most precious gift I could have been given.     




3 comments:

Camille said...

What a beautiful day!!! You have such a cute family, Angie!! Sure miss you guys!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

So glad I was able to be there...she is my sweetie. Papa would have been been so proud of her too! Where did 8 years go?

Kristy said...

Congratulations Ellie!!! What an exciting day :)